Happy Thursday everyone!
First off, let me start by saying, please, please, please, do not get used to me writing three posts a week! This week is yet another exception to my original 2018 plan of Tuesday and Saturday posts but it’s because I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!! I would like to start out by thanking Georgia for nominating me for this award. Please, check out her blog here!!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or in your blog.
The questions I was asked:
If you were to collaborate with anyone for your blog, who would it be?
This is honestly a difficult question for me to answer. I released a collaborative post last week (check it out here: dinner, drinks, and disastrous dates) and I thought it was really fun to get to read, write, and piece the story together. If I had the opportunity to work with either of the bloggers from the collab I just did, or really anyone who would be interested in collaborating with me, I’d be happy to do it!
What is your favourite time of year and why?
I looooooooove fall. LOVE FALL. Mainly because I love fall fashion. Scarves, boots, sweaters, I love it all.
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I’ve always enjoyed writing. Growing up I had diaries and journals, and I would always write short stories. As an adult, I realized that I have a lot of stories to share and a lot of different experiences that others could learn from or just simply enjoy reading about so I decided to try it out!
What is your dream job?
Honestly, I ask myself this everyday! I love working with at-risk youth and adolescents so long term I’ll probably stay within this field, but any job where I feel like I’m making a difference and enjoying doing it is the job for me.
What do you hope to have achieved in the next 5 years?
In the next 5 years I hope to buy a house! I am not yet ready to commit to living in the suburbs forever so it’s been something I’ve been hesitant to do for a while but I do believe it is the next step for me because renting is just too expensive! Ideally, I’d also like to be settled down (hopefully married) but if it doesn’t play out that way, that’s okay too!
Do you have any quotes you live by? What are they?
One of the main quotes I like to live by is “’what if I fall’ ‘oh but my darling, but what if you fly?’” I actually even have it on a bracelet! This quote reminds me that sometimes we have to take risks because things can turn out better than we ever expected them too.
Pool or beach?
DEFINITELY POOL. I love the environment of a beach – like the sound of the waves and the way the ocean looks – but I hate sand and saltwater!
How would you describe your style?
Overall, I think I have a more grungy chic style, if that’s even a thing? Like think Yeezy’s clothing line – oversized shirts and leggings – mostly black. But I love chokers, I own 1000’s of shoes, and I love, love, LOVE lipstick. I don’t know how you would describe that so I hope that gives you a good visual lol
What’s one thing you love about yourself?
Appearance wise – I have really nice hair! It’s very healthy and grows really quickly. Personality/character wise – I’m very independent and think very rationally. Also, I’m always, always, willing to help anyone in need.
What is the most special and meaningful thing you own?
This really might not be the answer that is being looked for here but my dog. He means the whole entire world to me and definitely has been a great addition to my life. I’m not very materialistic so I’m not sure if I really have a material object that holds a lot of value to me.
Are you someone who prefers the city or the countryside?
I really love the city but can appreciate the views and privacy that the countryside has to offer – definitely more of a city girl though.
My Nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
(In no particular order)
- Sasha from AlwaysObsess
- Natalie at NatalieHanson
- Katie at Katie’s Sanctuary
- Brook at Bea Blogs
- Hannah at Life in a Fishtank
- Jacquelin at Running on Empty
- Elisabeth at Born in the 90s
- Rachel at When the Wild Things Grow
- Emma-Leigh at Emma-Leigh Hull
- Lena Dee at LenaDee
- Bryony at BryonyBaker
My Questions For The Nominees:
- What do you hope to accomplish in 2018?
- Would you rather live someplace where it always rains or where it always snows?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- What is your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written so far?
- What type of makeup could you never live without? (mascara, lipstick, bronzer, etc.)
- What book could you read a million times and never get tired of?
- How or where do you find inspiration to write?
- What quote do you live by?
- If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
- What are you currently watching on Netflix?
I can’t wait to read all your answers & questions and check out your nominations’ blogs as well.
With love from my city to yours,